ExaminationA. College Examination :
The collage will conduct the following examinations for promoting candidates to next higher class or for being sent up for the CHSE or University examination.
+2 I st year class – 1st Terminal and Annual Examination
+2 II nd year class – Pre-test and Test Examination
+3 I st year class – Pre-test and Test Examination
+3 II nd year class – Pre-test and Test Examination
+3 III rd year class – Pre-test and Test Examination
1. Detailed programme for such examination will be notified at least seven days prior to the commencement of the examination.
2. There shall be periodic written exercise in tutorial classes
3. Every student is required to appear at all these examinations.
4. A student who absents himself / herself from any of the examinations wholly or partially is to be friend as per the staff council decision unless he / she applies to the principal in writing with supporting evidences for exemption from fines. In addition to the above, he / she will have to appear one special examination. The date and time for this examination will be notified later on. If a student will not appear the same, he / she shall be detained.
5. A student who is found in possession of incriminating material (s) or adopting unfair means or taking any improper advantage will be refused promotion or be penalized in any other manner which is deemed proper.
6. Matters relating to examination and anamolies, if any, are taken up in the Staff Council meeting. Staff Council will frame rules from time to time for promotion of students of 1st year +2 classes to the next higher class or for sent up of the candidates to appear at the CHSE / University examinations.
B. Higher Secondary Examinations :
1. The council of Higher Secondary Education, Orissa conducts the Higher Secondary Examinations anually, ordinarily in the first week of March every year. A student can appear the Annual H.S. Exam. if he / she is sent up by the collegeauthority.
2. Instant Examination : It can be availed by all those candidates securing 35% marks in aggregate and failed in ‘one subject only’ (Compulsory / Elective) to clear up the examination. within some weeks as notified by the council. The instant examination is held in August - September.
3. Pass Criteria :
(a) The pass mark in theory and practical shall be 30% and 40% of the maximum marks respectively in that subject or group of subjects. The pass mark in aggregate shall be 35%.
(b) Candidates obtaining 60% and above of the total marks (aggregate) shall be placed in the 1st Division, those who obtain less than 60%, but 50% or above shall be placed in 2nd Division, and all other successful candidates shall be placed in 3rd Division.
(c) University Examination :
(i) 1st Semester Examination.
(ii) 2nd Semester Examination.
(iii) 3rd Semester Examination.
(iv) 4th Semester Examination.
(v) 5th Semester Examination.
(vi) 6th Semester Examination.
2. Pass marks and classification of successful candidates :
(i) Aggregate marks for passing the degree examination shall be the sum total of the aggregate of First, Second and Final Examination taken together.
(ii) Classes will be awarded on the following basis :
Pass : A minimum of 30% in each subject and a minimum of 36% of marks in the aggregate.
Pass with Distinction : A minimum of 30% in each subject and a minimum of 50% of marks in the aggregate.
Pass without Honours : A minimum of 30% in each subject and a minimum of 36% in aggregate in subjects other than Honours and less than 45% but not less than 36% in Honours subject.
Pass without Honours and with Distinction : A minimum 30% in each subject and a minimum of 36% in aggregate in subjects other than Honours and a minimum of 50% in aggregate for pass and Honours subjects combined.
Second class Honours : A minimum of 30% in each subject, and a minimum of 36% in aggregate in subjects other than honours and 45% or more but less than 60% in Honours subject.
Second class Honours with Distinction : In addition to Second Class Honours a minimum of 50% marks in subjects other than Honours in first appearence.
First class Honours : A minimum of 30% in each subject and minimum of 36% in aggregate in subjects other than Honours and a minimum of 60% or more in Honours.
First Class Honours with Distinction : In addition to First Class Honours, a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in subjects other than Honours in first appearance.