College LibraryThe College Library and Library
The Rimuli College Library maintains a rich collection of books, journals, maps, etc. It provides facilities of Reading Room and loan of books for home reading. The facilities of the Library are open to the members of the staff, students of the college and persons specially permitted by the principal.
(i) A student on the Rolls of the College automatically becomes a member of the College Library. When a studentís name is struck off from the rolls of the College he / she ceases to be a member.
(ii) Members of the teaching staff and all other employees serving in Rimuli College, Rimuli are also members of the Library.
(iii) Any other person can be admitted to the privileges of membership of the Library by written order of the principal as per rules laid down from time to time.
Rules Common to all Borrowers :
1. No books shall be taken out of the library without the Knowledge of the Librarian and until it has been properly entered in the issue Register and the entry attested by the borrower.
2. Each borrower must examine the condition of the books before they are issued.
3. All library books issued to the borrowers shall be returned to the library before the College classes for Summer Vacation.
4. Any body in possession of a library book shall return it to the library whenever requisitioned.
5. No marginal notes, underlining, or notes shall be made in the library books. No pictures or pages be removed, torn or otherwise disfigured. In each such case the borrower shall be asked to replace the book damaged by him / her with fine.
6. Although ordinarily there will be no restriction on the use of books in the library, the Principal has the right to stop the issue of certain books to all or some intending borrowers.
7. A borrower against whom any overdue or other other charge is outstanding shall not be allowed to borrow books from the library.
8. If any borrower keeps library book in his / her possassion for more than the time allowed for the purpose, no more books will be issued to him / her until the book concerned is restored to the library. In extreme cases the privilage of using the library may be denied to such persons.
9. All those who happen to be inside the library or in its neighbourhood shall observed strict discipline.
10. Spitting, Smoking, Sleeping inside the library and putting oneís leg on the library furniture are forbidden.
11. None but the teaching staff and other employees of the college may go beyond library counter.
12. The following is the list showing the maximum number of books that may be issued to the various classes of borrowers :
|a)||Members of Teaching Staff||20 Each|
|c)||Librarian / Jr. Librarian||04 Each|
|d)||P.E.T. / Instructor||03 Each|
|e)||Ministerial Staff||03 Each|
|f)||IV Grade Employees||02 Each|
|g)||Degree Students||01 Each|
|h)||Honours Students||02 Each|
|i)||+2 Students||01 Each|
If a book has several parts / volumes, each part or volume should be treated as one book.
13. Reference books, Maps, Calendars, courses of study and other rare books shall not be issued without special permission from the principal.
14. Members of the teaching staff, the ministerial staff and others may take books from the library by signing on the issue register. Students for borrowing books are required to produce library cards.
15. Any book lost, damaged or detacted by a borrower will be replaced by him / her. If the book is one of a set or series and the volume can not be obtained singly, the whole set or series be replaced at the readerís cost. Should the book be rare or irreplaceable, the borrower must pay double the catalogue price.
16. If the price of the lost books cannot be ascertained he / she should pay the amount fixed by the principal.
17. Books should be returned within the period allowed to a borrower.
18. Usual working time of the college library subject to modification from time to time will appear on the notice board.
19. A book once issued to a borrower may be reissued to him / her when no body else wants to take the book. Books before reissue shall be presented in the circulation counter for necessary entry in the Register.
Special Rules for Students :
1. The student borrowers are subject to all rules stated above.
2. In case of those students who do not return the library book within the time allowed a fine of Rs. 1.00 per day per book will be charged for each day of delay subject to a maximum limit of one rupee. The librarian will forward the list of defaulting borrower fined Rs. 10 or more on the 7th of every month. The fine will be realised from him / her alongwith the tution fee of the month.
3. For use in the reading room ordinarily one book or journal at a time may be issued to every student. All such books and journals must be returned to the librarian 15 minutes before the College closes for the day. If a student fails to do so, a fine of 50p. per day per copy will be imposed on him / her till he / she returns the book or journal. The fine will continue to be imposed till the amount of fine is equal to the price of the books or journals borrowed.
4. Any student who wants to take books from the library or whenever he / she wants to return a book, should present his / her library card to the librarian.
5. Loss of library card should be intimated to the librarian immediately in writing.
6. If a student losses his her / her library card, another card will be issued to him / her on application and on payment of requisite fees.
7. Library card will be issued to the student only on production of Identity card alongwith admission / readmission receipts.
8. When the date for return of books falls due on an authorised holiday, it should be returned to the library on the day the College opens after the holiday.