Scholarships & StipendsScholarships, stipends and other financial assistance are available to the students from Government and college source for encouraging and promoting higher education among needy and deserving students. Such aids are noted below for information of the students.
1. National Scholarship :
This scholarship is awarded on the results of Annual H.S.C. and Annual H.S.S.C. Examinations every year to the top meritorious condidates securing 60% or above marks. This scholarship is renewed from year to year subject to achievement of good standard i.e. 50% marks in the examination.
2. National Loan Scholarship :
To apply for such scholarship, the students must have secured 50% marks in their previous examinations.
3. Scholarships for children of Primary and Secondary School Teachers :
This scholariship is awarded to the children of school teachers securing 60% or above marks in the Annual H.S.C. Examination or H.S.S.C. Examination.
4. Senior College Merit Scholarship :
Awarded on the basis of +2 Arts / Science marks to the students of degree classes.
5. Junior College Merit Scholarship :
The student who have secured 50% marks in aggregate in the Annual H.S.C. Examination are eligible to apply.
6. Scholarship for the children of freedom fighters :
Benefits of this scheme are admissible to the children, adopted children, step children of freedom fighters.
7. Aid to the children of Ex-service man :
Aids are available from the Govt. of Orissa to the children of Ex-service men.
8. Orthopaedically Handicapped Scholarship :
Awarded to the blind, deaf and orthopaedically handicapped students. Their age should be between 17-30 years. The candidate must have secured at least 40% marks in the H.S.C. / H.S. Examination.
9. Hindi Scholarship :
The students of Non-Hindi speaking state like Odisha are eligible to apply for Hindi Scholarship provided they secure 50% or more marks in M.I.L. (Hindi) in the last examination.
10. National Science Talent Scholarship :
Awarded on the basis of a competitive examination held on the 1st sunday of may of each calendar year.
11. Post-Matric Scholarship :
There is a scheme of Post-Matric Scholarship for the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe students for studies in India. These are awarded by the Govt. of the State / Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs i.e. permanently settled.
12. Sanskrit Scholarship :
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi invites application in the prescribed form for award of merit scholarship to regular students studying Sanskrit in H.S. and Graduation level every year in August based on the eligibility criteria and conditions that appear in the notification. Students are required to take a note of it and apply through the Head of the institution in time to get the benefit.
13. Free Studentship :
Full or half studentship is awarded to the students every year on merit-cum proverty basis. 12.5% of the total number of students on the rolls of the college get free studentship. Applications are generally invited by a notice. While awarding free studentship (i) Poverty, (ii) Merit, (iii) Conduct, (iv) Regular attendance in class and also in examinations shall be taken into consideration.
14. Students Aid Fund :
There is a students Aid Fund with the object of rendering financial assistance to deserving students to meet their examination fee expenses or purchase of books, medical expenses etc., if their needs are considered genuine.
15. Aid from the Social Service Guild :
Annual aid / Loan is given to the deserving students by the College Social Service Guild. Such a loan is expected to be repaid after the student gets settled in life.
UGC Stipend :
There is a scheme of UGC stipend during XI plan period for students of degree classes belonging to SC, ST, Minority communities, OBC, (Non-creamy layer), students facing financial constraints and physically challenged (differently abled) students. A stipend of Rs. 500/- per month is provided under the scheme on merit-cum-means basis to the students selected by the college for purchasing books, stationary and for incurring contingent expenditure.
Rules Governing the Scholarships :
1. All scholarships and aid are granted subject to satisfactory conduct of the scholar.
2. Scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if the progress or conduct of the scholar is unsatisfactory.
3. Students can not have their scholarships renewed in the next higher class, unless they have appeared at the Annual Exam. and have secured at least 50% of marks.
4. No student receiving a scholarship shall be permitted to hold any other scholarship wholly or partly without the special sanction of the DHE, Orissa.
5. Absence without leave for any period upto thirty days at one time amount to loss of scholarship for twice the amount for the period of absence.
6. Absence without leave for more than thirty days at a stretch will entail for feiture of the scholarship.